11/25/2006

Washington D.C part II

For sure Sarah and me slept in instead of standing up early to get some free tickets to the U.S Capitol. We decided so, that we would do it tomorrow. Hopefully, I say we won't get one because we will sleep in again! We left to Starbucks around 10 and on opur way there I heard a guy talking on the phone behind us, wishing someone to enjoy going shopping. I think that was really nice of him, wasn't it?
When he passed us he said, that I would have beautiful hair. Hello, what was this? To talk to someone you can say something else, but this was weird! So he started talking to us where we would come from and bladibladibla. He invited us to go to Starbucks because it would have good coffee, we didn't know that! Shit, he went in, but this was our plan too. Should we go in, wouldn't he think we would like him? At the end we went in, why shouldn't we, only because of this guy would be too silly.
At Starbucks we made our plan for the day. World War II Memorial and for sure the Lincoln Memorial! Why for god seak does this city has to be built like this? Each interesting building is so far from the other one, which ment for us again being tired at the end of the day!
We passed the Washington Monument and took some pics right in front of it again.
Here is the result
We rest there for some minutes, because old ladies arent't good in walking around the whole day, you have to understand that!
World War II Memorial
This lady saw that Sarah wanted to take a photo of me, but she wanted her ass on my pic. It would be a really nice picture because I know it that I am good looking hahaha, but THIS ASS on the left!!





This fountain was in the middle of this Memorial and I only wanted to take a picture in front of it to have an other reason to rest for some minutes. Now you know it better Sarah!





Yeah I know that I am, starting to complain again, BUT it was a long walk to the Lincoln Memorial and when we arrived there we were near dead. My feed were tired and I was still smiling, because of telling me that these are my vacation, ENJOY it!
Big smile for you guys in front of the Lincoln Memorial, look at all these steps!!!
And here he is, Lincoln built up like god












Done! I don't wanna walk anynmore, I don't wanna see Watergate for you Sarah. Let us go, PLEASE!
YES, she was tired as well so we took a Taxi to the best restaurant here in the USA: McDonalds
I have never done this before in my life, but I ate two McChickens and big fries plus Chicken McNuggets, I am done for the next three months, but we were really hungry. When we left Mces it was dark outside and I started behaving like a baby again, I was scared by all these people running around.
At the hostel we hung around and read and I wrote my postcards and letters, because there wasn't anything else to do.
So we went very early to bed, 10.30, to stand up early on our last day to get the tickets.
We will see, if we can do it. Believe in us!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

WOMAN!!! You forgot that before McDonald's we WALKED all the way to Arlington Cemetary, and THAT's why we were so tired and ready for some nasty maccas!!!