11/26/2006

Washington D.C part III

I got it, because my alarm rang at 7.30 in the morning and I stood up quickly that I couldn't think about falling asleep again! Sarah was so cute! She was lying under her whole blanket when I came back from this discusting bathroom.
You should have seen her face when I woke her up, too funny, she looked like a baby. Yeah you did sweety!
We went to Starbucks to get our breakfast. I am an idiot, I left Starbucks with a coffee and a cup of good old whole milk. I don't know what was wrong with me I never have this feeling to need milk, but that is the thing, you can't drink milk here, because it is white water called skim milk!!!
When we were wlking through the streets we found by accident the Ford museum and the house at which Lincoln died
. In the museum they had the pillow with hi blood, for me it wasn't real, but alone the thought to see this pillow and the room in which one he died made us goosebumps or however you call this.
Luckily we found the Capitol again, because it took us ages this time to go there and we found out that it is closed on Sundays. Perfect! I was pissed, but don't forget keep smiling!
We went up this bloody hill, why does Washington D.C needs hills? No ones would be fine enough!
Behind the Capitol we saw the Library of Congress

which was for sure closed, because in Washington D.C everybody stays at home on Sundays! What a deal is that, it is the capital city and has a lot of visitors, why are all these buildings closed for god sake!!!







And here on your left you see Sarah and me in front of the Library plus me standing under this light. I don't know why we had to do this, but it was fun climbing up the wall to take a picture and especially because of this police car standing in front of the building










I can't tell you anything about he Supreme Court
The most important thing is, I have seen it and I was sitting on its stairs


Now we only had to see the Jefferson and the Roosevelt memorial plus the Arlington Cemetery, but first we stopped at the Union Station to see how this would be. For sure at 10.30 in the morning everything is closed, because the shops open at 12. So we decided to see the memorials



Roosevelt Memorial









Evolution of Sarah









Jefferson Memorial









I am pushing the Washington Monument











Arlington Cemetery

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lara, viele liebe Grüße aus Altena! Finds echt super wie du das alles so durchziehst...und bei deinen Abenteuern bin ich doch glatt ein bisschen neidisch ;-)
HDL JaSmIn