1/06/2007

LAST SATURDAY WITH MY FRIENDS

Sarah and me thought that our last two days in the USA together should be very special. We decided that we would do a sightseeing tour through Chicago, all the places we haven't seen before. To many things for one day, but we had other plans for Sunday.
We planned to go Downtown very early. In the morning I packed my suitcases and Sarah picked me up with all my stuff, yes its true Sarah :-) , around 10am. I didn't want to stay at my hostfamilies house when the next AuPair would arrive. Why should I?
In the end we left Arlinghton Heights, Sarah's place, at 2pm so that we arrived Downtown at 3pm. Well, it was still fine because we had a great lunch at PANERA, one of our favourite restaurants near us. We love it!

Sarah enjoys her yummy lunch

After that we got our coffee and took some photos in Arlinghton. After that we left to go Downtown.

Look at me!!!!

The Sears Tower was the first thing on our list. How you can see on my photo Chicago is a wonderful city. On the right (photo) you can see the John Hanckock Building



It was wonderful and it made fun, but we left it quickly because we wouldn't have had enough time for all the other important things. We caught a taxi to the Aquarium, because childish Lara wanted to see a shark in reality.
This bloody taxi driver took a longer way, but at least I was able to take a good pic of Buckingham Fountain.



You don't know it? That you have to watch Married ... With Children
No way into the Aquarium, because of the price! NOOOOO because we paid so much for the taxi, what an asshole, that we decided not to go into it :-(
Bloody money, why can't we change things. I would have given them my bra Sarah her underway and we would have got our tickets, everything would be fine, but ...
"Hey, let's go to the Field Museum"
Great, because they would have a T-Rex which I missed in New York.
We walked up the steps and a nice man told us that the muesum closed five minutes ago. Shit! That was the time to get cranky. I took a photo of it anyway to say that I saw it at least from the outside.
2007 seems not better than 2006



Yepp, we gave up and went shopping! All the museums were closed and we were annoyed from our bad luck.
Sarah, do me a favor and visit all these places I haven't been to in Chicago and take a lot of photos!


Bad luck but always smiling and happy
Sarah and Lara

No comments: