1/01/2007

NEW YORK CITY

28th of December I left Chicago to celebrate the New Year on Time Square!
I was so exited to see the ball drop, because everyone told me it would be fantastic and the whole USA would watch it on TV. Well,...
My plane took off at 4pm and to be honest I was nervous. To fly with a company you don't now is not very easy for me, but I did it before so ....
I had to change planes in Detroit and waited hours for the next one to get to NY. I think it was around 9.30pm when I arrived in Newark, BUT my trip wasn't over yet. To get to my friend I had to catch some trains and I was so annoyed because it took me ages to arrive. Especially this big suitcase made everything more difficult. I think everyone who knows me can imagine how many cloths I had with me for 3 days :-)
Anyway, in the end I arrived at 2 o'clock at the trainstation where I was supposed to be, but we had another 20 minutes drive to her place. I was done after all this shit!!!
The other day I slept in and I went Downtown, for god's sake, I had to pay 20$ for a ticket to get there. Chicago is so so cheap!


What are you doing when you are in New York City by yourself without a sightseeing book or a map? I was glad that I foound the Empire State Building. I paid a package so I could watch a movie about NY (history and stuff like that). It is wonderful to see NY from the top, but it is not great when you are on your own. There's no one to share all these impressive things! I took some photos and left the building. I asked some people on the street which way I have to go to the Rockefeller Center and I can be happy that Americans are friendly. On my way I passed this huge church. In front of it they played techno music (church style) and to the rythm of the music they lit up snowflakes falling down the wall of the church. Understandable??
I left this place and went to the Rockefeller Center to see the big Christmas tree in front of it. Hopefully you can see how huge it was. This place was so filled that I left quickly to go to the Broadway (Time Square) and went shopping because it was already 6pm and the Guggenheim was closed plus the Museum of History. Especially the Museum of History I wanted to see because they made Night At The Museum in it! Great everything was working out for me very well! Whatever...
I had to do what a woman has to do: Shopping!
I left NY at 9pm and wasn't in a good mood. It is not very great when you are visiting a friend and she has no time for you.
My next day wasn't better at all. I wanted to see the Statue of Liberty, what means as close as possible! We stood in the line for the tickets about 2hours, I think, the ticket sellers end up in telling us that there wouldn't be any tickets left! Hello?! We stood there in this fucking freezing air and for what?!

This was the type of Statue I got to see

Let's go to ground zero! It was sad, although I haven't seen the Twin Towers live before but your mind shows you all these pics you have seen on TV when they broke down. It was difficult to take a photo because they built up walls that you can't look threw it, but I got one!
That was my second day and I haven't seen the half of what I normally wanted to see! There is only one day left: 31th of December. I was sure that we wouldn't go Downtown again to go sightseeing, because we would spend ages to get ready for the big party.
I coloured my hair and it turned out orange. This was the last thing I needed in 2006! Orange hair. Everyone would like it especially I loved it. I tried to do my best to get rid of this orange, washing and washing and washing. It was still in there, so I had to deal with it. The party was fun.

Yes, I went into the club with 20. You know what I did to get in, NO,
it doesn't have anything to do with guys :-)
We left the party at 3am and got something to eat. Yes, not everything is closed by this time. It's The American Dream!
My friend brought me to the trainstation at 4am and I sat there by myself till 5.15am to catch the train to the airport, by the way, my plane was scaduled at 11.30am. You are all able to calculate how many hours I was at this bloody airport. It is for sure not comfy to sleep on these seats at the aiport.
Going back to Chicago to see Sarah again was my biggest wish at this moment, but I had to change planes in Minniapolis. Around 4pm I sat next to Sarah in the car and was crancky about my trip, which costed me more than 400$ and this for bloody 2 days in New York City!
So who is going with me to New York City again?!


No comments: